Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Queen Kapiolani Garden 2/10/09

I must've past this place hundreds of times but never really 'stopped to smell the flowers'. So this afternoon on my day off, I decided to check it out. There used to be roses, but now there are mostly hibiscus. There are many different colors and varieties and I was fortunate to visit when they were all in full bloom.
It looked like it would rain when I left my apartment, but turned out to be a really nice afternoon being a little overcast. The overcast actually helped because the colors of the blossoms did not get blown out w/ too much sunlight. I was able to take all of these using my 16-35mm wide angle lens and the results came out really nice.

2 comments:

Erick said...

Very nice! Must be the lens.

Unknown said...

I think your flowers are terrific! Yes this lens is so cool!