Monday, May 3, 2010

May Day - 5/1/2010

May Day usually happen on a work day but this year, May 1st happen on a Saturday and seeing the ad in the morning papers, I decided to check out the festivities at Kapiolani park. I sat to watch some performance and decided to take a wide angle shot of the beautifully decorated band stand.

There were Lei making demos. I didn't know that these leis were made from carvings from that strange looking fruit.
There were demos of Haku Leis.

People were decked out in Lei Day Florals.

I had to stand in line for 20mins to see the Lei competion displays.
Here's the Mayor's First Place Winner.

Here are winners from other categories.


As I was heading home, I saw more colorful entertainment so I quickly got a couple more shots.

2 comments:

Erick said...

Beautiful lei shots! All your shots are really sharp too. Are you doing something different? Great job of covering May Day!

jalna said...

Very, very nice!