For this post, I followed the instructions (most of it) from the link on Jalna's Post. Can you see a difference?
Roy Sakuma organizes the event each year and there were non stop ukulele performances. I was surprised there was such a huge ukulele community.
Danny Kaleikini was the MC of the event.
There were all sorts of ukulele performers. This is Tommy D.
There was also Nico Salsac, a performer from France, who played a version of the Pink Panther on the ukulele.
There were groups of performers who came from Japan.

I managed to sit briefly on the steps of the band stand to take closeup of the performers as well as stay in the shade on this hot day.
It was good I had my long zoom lens so I can still get close enough so I can still crop to get closeups when I had to move back to the side of the of the stage.
All the benches were taken and it was standing room only for most who were there.
I had to take a photo of all the photographers/videographers who were situated at 'my usual spot'. Can you spot 11 cameras/video cameras in this photo!??!!
I even bumped into a 'famous' photog from the Eyes of Hawaii group.

3 comments:
Wow, great posting. Great color and comp. This is your best posting to date. The first shot of the t-shirt is so cool, great opening shot. I love the shot of Gary too. Superb job!
Very, very nice Shun Wah!! Ditto what Erick said.
You did a great job capturing the festival. I really like the expressions you got. The little girl was so kawaii (cute). It was a great idea to include the crowd and the photographers/videographers. I also like the side angle of the men. As Erick said - great posting.
Post a Comment