Saturday, August 28, 2010

Biggest Little Air Show - 8/22/2010

I've read about the Little air show in previous years but have never been so it was great to check it out and also get to go to the Pacific Aviation Museum on Ford Island with Erick and Celia. We were limited to no baggage so I decided to take a 28-135mm zoom lens because I wanted to take some of the little planes in flight. Unfortunately, it was not useful in the museum so I also had a 50mm F1.4 in my pocket.
I think I had almost 10 shots of this tower and this one is my favorite HDR because it came out looking like the 1950's or 60's even with the people in the shot. The air show had little planes performing maneuvers just like the 'real' thing. (uh oh.. bummers .. there's dust in my lens)
They were all lined up...
The minature blue angels. I'd love to have a photo of this next to the real thing when the blue Angels come later this year to Kaneohe.
When high in the sky, you can't tell if it's a real plane or fake..so I had to take some where it's closer to the ground for comparison.
These planes could do maneuvers that real planes can't do...
This reminds me of a godzilla movie...
We checked out the Pacific Aviation Museum. It was really dark so I tried HDR.
One of the plane engines.
I thought I'd turn this B&W to make it look like it was back in time..
There were games for kids..like tic-tac-toe w/ this diver.
Then there was the candy drop. luckily I got this just before the candy fell too far..
After the air show, Erick managed to find the USS Utah Memorial. It took 3 shots to make to make this panorama.

3 comments:

Erick said...

Great opening shot, looks kind of HDR-ish! Great scale model planes too, good angle make them almost look real. You got the candy drop shot too! Great post!

jalna said...

Niiiiice shooting!

celia said...

I think what adds to the 50's or 60's feeling of the first shot is the lady holding her hat. Very nice HDR. The exhaust in the second picture makes that plane look so real - good capture. Really great shots of the model planes as well as the children grabbing for the candy.