Monday, March 14, 2011

All the Monkeys in the Zoo... - 3/5/2010

I'm a bit behind in my photo blogging and I'm finally posting my zoo shots from last weekend. It was an overcast Saturday afternoon having rained in the morning and the lighting was perfect for shooting at the zoo. I tried to take a lot of closeups being inspired by Erick and his humongus lens. We covered a lot of animals from this excursion so I decided to post them in groups. Here are the monkeys.
I thought all the animals would be sleeping, but some were actually out..
Then it was feeding time in this cage.. I was facinated w/ them discovering food wrapped in what looks like paper towel centers. I could spend a day just watching them.
Not sure what they were eating, but it looked like a biscuit shaped like a sliced hotdog.

3 comments:

jalna said...

I'm fascinated with the last guy's long and slender fingers. I've looked and looked, but I don't see his thumbs. He must have a thumb, right?

Erick said...

Great animal shots! I like the spider monkey looking in the tube, so funny. They look like curious human when they search for food. Great job!

celia said...

I am glad these monkeys have something to figure out, good capture of the day in the life of a monkey. I heard the new part of the zoo is completed. Yay!