I got to check out the Korean Festival this year. It was hot and sunny and this year's crowd was larger than previous year. There were lots of entertainment and I had to decide when to leave my spot to go and check them out. There were lots of colorful costumes so lots of photo ops..
When I got there, they were setting up for the Choco-pie eating contest. Choco-pies are like round chocolate covered cakes (kinda like a Hostess Ding Dong). It was super crowded and I took this w/ my 70-200mm lens and the kid on the right won by eating 11 Choco-pies! I think he won an ipad.
I checked out the tent w/ costumes.. it was DARK in there and i took this w/ super steady arms.
I spotted a long line where people were getting autograph from this K-drama star. I forget his name, but I notice they didn't want closeup photos ..unless you're in line, so I sneaked one w/ my zoom lens from far away..
There were lots of kids performing traditional dances.
I'm pretty sure he's the youngest performer in all the groups.
Lots of ladies dancing wearing colorful Korean Hanbok.
I took this from way behind the bleachers and they were performing under the band stand so it was super super DARK.... I had to try all kinds of recovery to fix this.
You can't have a cultural festival during election year w/o some candidate..
They had a Taekwando Demo.. this guy broke two boards at the same time..
There was a Korean talent contest..all of them sang in Korean.
The finale performance started late so it was already dark. She's supposed to be the Korean version of Madonna for her dancing in her performances. I took a bunch of shots and exposure-wise, this came out the best.
More shots I took w/ flash..it was a pretty tough performance to shoot since they had some lights, but not all white and they weren't always on the performers either so it was really hit and miss..
Sleeping Lizard
-
I don't have a name for this guy yet, but he's been sleeping on this same
leaf for the past few weeks now. He looks so comfy and didn't even wake up
eve...
7 hours ago




















5 comments:
Awesome photos! I especially love the one with the little boy in the purple vest and red bandana!
Nice job Shun Wah!!
Their clothes are so beautiful especially the little girl. So kawai! I am glad you got that demo, what a feat.
Love the little girl and her costume. The guy breaking the planks- wow! Terrific shots!
Wow, I really like the shot of the guy breaking two boards, that is a hard shot to get. Great job with the drummers too.
Post a Comment