The voggy weather in the past few days was so humid that it reeeeally sucked..However, I realized how beautiful the affect it made on sunsets. After several missed attempts, finally sucesss! I finally was able to make it in time to watch the sunset from the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor. Since I parked quite a bit away and didn't want to lug my gear, I used the trusty Lumix again. When I got there shortly before 6pm, it was still bright. I was kinda disappointed there was not enough vog to filter the sun's brightness.
I switched between Program mode and Sunset mode to see how I can block the sun's bright light.
After a bit, the sun was low enough and I decided to set my camera to Sunset mode which gave the shots deeper tones. I'm glad w/ even near max zoom, the shots came out sharp and not blurry.
I'm not sure if the sun would look as large had I gone to Magic Island or perhaps it was an optical illusion, but it looked HUGE.
I snapped away until the sun finally disappeared under the clouds low on the horizon.
I took a picture of the vog this past Sunday morning. The still air had made it worse.
Sleeping Lizard
-
I don't have a name for this guy yet, but he's been sleeping on this same
leaf for the past few weeks now. He looks so comfy and didn't even wake up
eve...
7 hours ago








3 comments:
I love the huge sun pix. You can rely on your Lumix! I am glad you used your Sunset mode. I feel your vantage was better here- nice foreground. You are a trooper taking pictures during all that heat and humidity!
OMG!!! The orange sunset pictures are wonderful!!! I LOVE THEM! Great job!!
Wow! The sun looks HUGE!!! Beautiful!
Post a Comment