I had a chance to try this strange fruit called Star Apple (Chrysophyllum cainito). From afar, it looked like a purple onion, but from the touch, it was soft. I'm not sure why it's referred to apple since it doesn't have any crunch. I read that it is also called the 'Breast Milk Fruit' and I'm guessing maybe because of that white stuff that's coming out of it. I ate this when it was ripe so it was soft. It has a texture like persimmon and actually the seed is also like that of a persimmon. However, this wasn't as sweet as one. From the cross cut, it exposes the 'star' design but I think they should really call it an 'Asterisk' Apple instead.
Sleeping Lizard
-
I don't have a name for this guy yet, but he's been sleeping on this same
leaf for the past few weeks now. He looks so comfy and didn't even wake up
eve...
6 hours ago


4 comments:
Where did you get this Star Apple? I know someone who enjoys trying new fruits. I think she would be interested.
Hi celia,
my coworker said he got it from Chinatown, but I'm not really sure where. I was hesitant to try it at first but decided to give it a try anyway.
Oooooh, you're brave!
Looks like a starfish. Weird star apple doesn't look like an apple. Starfish doesn't look like a fish. Hmmm.
Post a Comment