Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Monday at the Zoo - 03/17/2014

This post is a bit out of order due to all the other festivities that happened but best late than never. Erick, Celia and I checked out the zoo after the St. Patrick's Day parade. I had read about the new antelopes at the zoo and wanted to see them. Being it was a pretty hot afternoon which means a great time for napping, the animals all must've had the same idea cuz we didn't see a lot of them.  I think the Flamingos were all pretty sleepy..
One that wasn't sleepy..
Sleepy..
Not sleepy..
Sleepy..
Giraffe, looking kinda sleepy..
It was the Rhino's feeding or snack time as the zookeeper tossed apples into the water and he (or she) came for it and I got a closeup of his muddy exterior.
I took this w/ my iphone just as we exited the zoo when it was closing time.
These were the cutest water bottle holders.   Since I can't possibly 'collect them all', I just took a pic of them.. Although it was a fun day, I never got to see the antelope.. guess will just have to go back again soon..perhaps while they're not sleeping..

2 comments:

jalna said...

Very, very nice photos!

Erick said...

That was a fun day of parade and zoo shooting. You got great animal shots, the color and sharpness is awesome!