Monday, September 27, 2010

Academy of Art - 9/19/2010

The third Sunday of each month is Family Sunday at the Academy of Art. This month's theme is South East Asian Art and they had performer from the area. It's been years since I've been to the Academy of Art so I decided to check it out. It was a HOT and sunny day and the performances were set up in the center courtyard.
The first performance I saw when I got there was this demonstration of filipino fighting. It is really difficult to shoot since they were under a white tent and they wore black so the background got blown out. Then the Balinese dancers I came to see. Their costumes were really colorful.
Did I mention it was really dark under the tent?
Finally, this performer came right in front of me on the grass.
I watched the last singer from the Philipines. I was surprised that I was actually able to do an HDR of him.
Afterwards, I checked out the court yard area and tried more HDR since the building was so ornate.
It's been so long that I didn't remember the lily pond in the Asian courtyard.
When I went back to the parking lot, I saw this sculpture and though it'd make a good HDR.

3 comments:

jalna said...

Absolutely beautiful, Shun Wah!!

Erick said...

Great shots! Nice dance shots and your HDR shots are great too!

celia said...

I actually like the "blown out" effect. It helps to isolate the main subjects. Great job. I also like your HDR- can I have you tutor me?