Thursday, September 9, 2010

Foster Garden Take Two - 9/5/2010

I had a second chance at the getting more practice w/ a macro lens. I tried more water droplets. I waited for the sprinkers to go off then looked for the largest and brightest water droplet.
I also spotted a butterfly nearby. Too bad she was injured on her right wing so she didn't fly around as fast...but she was just as beautiful as ever.
I tried some closeups.
He just stood still as if he was waiting for me to take his picture... too bad he's not the madagascar 'Geico' type.
We went to look for the canon ball tree.
I just don't see how these beautiful flowers become those ugly brown canon balls...or is it the other way around?
Celia spotted these leaves that looked like someone had painted on them... so cool!
I decided to use these ginger plants for it's pattern.

3 comments:

Erick said...

The water droplet is so cool! Good macro shooting. Great lizard and butterfly too!

celia said...

Wow what an incredible picture, the reflection in that water droplet. I know you didn't use a tripod. I like your pic with the flower upfront in focus - nice composition and your canon ball flower is really nice, like what you got in focus with other parts soft. Your 100 mm macro worked well for you. Keep up the great shooting.

jalna said...

Veeeeery niiiiice!!