Friday, July 1, 2011

Oahu Civic Orchestra Summer Concert - 6/26/2011

This is the second time I attended the free concert put on by the Oahu Civic Orchestra and this time it was at the First Presbyterian Church of Honolulu at Koolau. The acoustics was great and the orchestra sounded even better. The main problem I had was that it was really dark and I had a hard time finding the right settings to use, so I spent most of time listening and enjoying the music instead of struggling w/ my camera.
I used my 50mm lens in hopes to use the larger aperture to get more light, and thanks to Photoshop Elements, I reworked the photos to rid the yellow and reds in the darkened shots.

I walked around to find a good position.
I ended up back in the front row hoping to get some closer shots using my 100mm lens.
I tried shooting through people to get individual performers.

1 comment:

Erick said...

Very nice! Great shots under difficult lighting conditions. I like the shot of Steve.