Last week was the Chinatown festival on Maunakea street. I spotted this unusual roast and it smelled great! I didn't have time and had to leave so I didn't get to find out what it was.
Then today, they had another Chinatown Festival at the Chinese Cultural Plaza and there it was again. I got a closer look.. it was just like the Chinese roast pork, except it's boneless.
I took a pic of the sign.. Lechon. I googled and found that "Lechón is a pork dish in several regions of the world, most specifically Spain and its former colonial possessions throughout the world. The word lechón originated from the Spanish term lechón, referring to a suckling pig that is roasted". But also, I found that it's Filipino-style boiled and deep fried pork belly.
They had just started the BBQ. It looks like it'll take a while to roast over this small fire.
There'll be another festival at the Chinese Cultural Plaza next Saturday and Sunday and hopefully, I'll find better parking so I have time to give this a try.
Costco Dessert Bars
-
I didn't actually taste any of this so I can't vouch for its oh-no-ness,
but Wendell said that it was a hit with his softball team.
[image: IMG_6243] [im...
3 weeks ago






2 comments:
I saw those and tasted a sample! It was good. Great photos!
That looks so ono! Now I want to try some.
Post a Comment