I was invited to the Sogetsu Hawaii Luncheon held at the Ala Moana Hotel. I had no idea about the lighting but I figure w/ the high ISO of my new Canon 6D, it wouldn't be a problem. I was able to shoot most, if not all of these at ISO 1600! This is awesome since it would be so grainy w/ my 50D. I didn't need flash at all and I was using the 24-105mm with max aperture at F4.5 so it wasn't a low light lens. I think the lighting of the stage and I had front row seat so those factors helped a lot. The sensei used a wide range of flowers.
It's a balancing act to keep the branches from falling as well as keeping with the design.
There's this mixed media arrangement made w/ an Itoen Green Tea can.
The finale was this huge arrangement. I think she said the leafy branch was mock orange. I think I only knew the name of one of the flower used in all of her arrangements.
Costco Dessert Bars
-
I didn't actually taste any of this so I can't vouch for its oh-no-ness,
but Wendell said that it was a hit with his softball team.
[image: IMG_6243] [im...
3 weeks ago










3 comments:
Awesome, SW!
Very good!!! ISO 1600 photos are terrific.
Great photos without using flash. This should open a lot of doors for you.
Post a Comment