Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sea Life Park 4/12/09

There was a kamaaina special this Easter weekend at Sea Life Park so we decided to check it out since some of us have never gone there before. It was nice and sunny but still was a challenge for me to take the action shots of the performances. One thing I learned is that I need to use shutter priority(TV) the next time when taking stuffs that move because most of my shots came out blurred. Therefore, I decided to post the penguin pic first because I thought it was just sooo cute that they actually hugged.
The Kolohe Kai sea Lion Show had the smartest sea lions.
The Dolphin Cove show was fast and furious. It was really difficult to catch the action.
The dolphin show at the Hawaii Ocean Theater was even harder to photograph because it was covered and had really bright back lighting.
You can go up close to the tank to take shots of the playful dolphins in the tank.
But then my shots came out really blue and fuzzy. I wonder how did EV and CD do?
The trainers were still working w/ the dolphins after the show was over to teach them new tricks.
The Wolphin (whale and dolphin cross breed) was very friendly and docile towards the trainer.
Feeding time brings out all the penguins. Some of them will just eat it right up.
Some will bring home their herring.
There was sea bird habitat. It's not even caged and I wonder why they haven't flown away.
These sea lions are so lively at feeding time.
But shortly after they're fed, they're out like a light.
At the end of the day, the honus get a spa treatment scrub down.

3 comments:

Erick said...

Great penguin and dolphin shots! All your shots look good. Next time we know what to expect and it should be easier. Good shooting!

celia said...

I agree, I want to try again. Great pics, and the penguins were so kawaii. Even the seal sleeping was so kawaii "cute"

jalna said...

Very nicely done!!