I found out about the festival from Eyes of Hawaii post and went with Celia to check it out. Thanks to Celia, we met other EOH members and found great seating area. We got there after 6:30pm so it was starting to get dark. I'm not good with using the flash and it seems I either get blown out shots from too much flash, or the flash does not even hit the subject...argh.. so after a few attempt, it's back to shooting with high ISO and large aperture and hoping for the best with post processing magic in PSE. The performance started with chanting in Hawaiian and then in Okinawan from a visiting teacher from Okinawa.
Did I mention it started to get really dark?
There was even a whistling contest between the men and women.. and the women won..!
After the show, we stuck around and took pics of the lions.. The flare of the blue lighting gave it a cool glow..I shot this with the Lumix.
I could not resist taking a shot of Erick's video gear.. he just press a button to record and just sat back.. no sweat..















6 comments:
Oh so that was Erick's? I saw that furry animal looking thing on top of the camera and wondered who's stuff that was....hehe. You got some really nice shots. I like the one of the lion with the colorful "hair".
Nice Shun Wah!
I love your colors! That was such a treat to see - glad we went Shun Wah.
Great shots without a flash! The women won the whistling contest because normally talk louder than guys. LOL
I am amazed at how awesome your photos come out without flash! Love it!!!!
Your photos are wonderful! I'm amazed that you don't use flash! :)
Post a Comment